Embassy Conducts Planning, Risk Assessment, and Legal Workshop
- Hits: 62
Top Photo: DCM FNR Fernandez validates inputs from Philippine Embassy Personnel; Middle Left Photo: Ambassador Rodolfo D. Robles participates in the planning session; Middle Right Photo: DCM FNR Fernandez facilitates the workshop on Deposition and Remote Presentation of Witnesses; Bottom Photo: Ottawa PE personnel brainstorming and preparing inputs during the planning and risk assessment.
17 January 2022, Ottawa - The Philippine Embassy in Canada conducted its annual planning and risk assessment session on 15 January 2022. Deputy Chief of Mission Francisco Noel Fernandez III facilitated the session and consolidated the inputs provided by all personnel. The resurgence of COVID-19 pandemic and its variants, climate change, and technological innovation were the main points raised during the planning session.
After the planning session, DCM Fernandez facilitated a workshop to orient personnel in the conduct of deposition and remote presentation of witnesses in relation to requests from Philippine trial courts.
Announcement: Saturday Consular Service, 22 January 2022
- Hits: 196
The Embassy’s Consular Section in Ottawa will be open on the following date for our monthly Saturday consular service:
Saturday, 22 January 2022, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
We will provide passport services only (application and renewal).
All applicants must book an appointment through the following link beginning Monday, 17 January 2022, at 12:00 noon (Ottawa time):
Applicants should ensure that they bring with them complete requirements when they arrive at the Embassy for their transaction, particularly photocopies of required documents. There are no photocopying facilities inside the Embassy.
The requirements for passport application and renewal may be viewed at this page on our website:
Please note that, due to existing COVID-19 restrictions in Ontario on physical distancing and the size of the Embassy’s consular space, walk-in clients cannot be accommodated.
The wearing of face coverings/masks shall be required of all applicants inside the building. Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
We look forward to serving you.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
11 January 2022
ADVISORY: COMELEC GUIDELINES FOR MASS MEDIA ACCREDITATION, DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS/MONITORS FOR THE 09 MAY 2022 PHILIPPINE NATIONAL AND LOCAL ELECTIONS
- Hits: 469
The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) of the Philippines promulgated on 09 December 2021 the following Resolutions outlining the guidelines of the media/observers accreditation processes:
- Resolution No. 10739 (Guidelines for Mass Media Accreditation)
Media practitioners, whether foreign, local, or national media, applying for accreditation shall submit the following requirements to the Education and Information Department (EID) via online through https://bit.ly/2022NLEForeignMedia:
- A completed COMELEC Media Accreditation Form (CMAF);
- Two recent 1.5"x 1.5" colored photographs; and, where applicable, an endorsement from the publisher, editor-in-chief, assignment editor, station manager, or similar officer of the newspaper, television station, radio station, or online publication employing the applicant;
- An endorsement from the appropriate officer of the broadcast entity or film distributor which has committed to air/distribute the work; and
- In the case of freelancers, a valid assignment letter from the bona fide media organization for which the freelancer is on assignment.
- Resolution No. 10740 (Guidelines for the Accreditation of Domestic and International Observers/Monitors)
Filipino or foreign citizens, whether as individuals or in groups, whether representing governmental or private interests, who are interested to observe or monitor the conduct of the elections, shall submit the documentary requirements to the following offices via online through:
- Applications for accreditation of foreign and domestic observers with official addresses in the National Capital Region shall be filed at the COMELEC Education and Information Department (EID) via online through the following links:
- Applications for accreditation for domestic observers residing within the provinces in the region shall be filed personally or through an authorized representative at the Offices of the Regional Election Directors (OREDs) concerned. The prescribed application form for domestic observers is downloadable at the COMELEC website, www.comelec.gov.ph.
The documentary requirements are as follows:
- Completed application form for accreditation;
- Two recent 1.5" x 1.5" colored photographs of the applicant;
- If foreigner or foreign group, organization, committee or association organization, endorsement issued by the Ambassador or Consul of the applicant's home country; and
- Terms of Reference or similar document, explaining the purposes of the election observation mission.
11 January 2022
Holiday Notice for February 2022_001
- Hits: 242
NEWS FROM THE EMBASSY
TRADE AND INVESTMENT