ADVISORY: Exemptions to Entry Restrictions for Passengers from Restricted Countries Due to COVID-19 New Variants
- Hits: 2
Canada’s Parliamentary Group Welcomes Philippine Ambassador
- Hits: 8
Screen shot of the virtual meeting of the Canada-Philippines Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group led by MP Kevin Lamoureux (L2, top row) to welcome Ambassador Rodolfo Robles.
The Canada-Philippines Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group welcomed Ambassador Rodolfo D. Robles during their virtual meeting hosted by their President, Winnipeg-North Member of Parliament Kevin Lamoureux. Joining the meeting where 22 parliamentarians from both the federal House of Commons and the Senate, representing the three dominant federal political parties of the Liberals, Conservatives, and the New Democrats.
In his remarks during the meeting, Ambassador Robles solicited the support of the parliamentarians in addressing the problem of the non-recognition of the academic credentials of Filipino immigrants to Canada and protecting Filipino temporary workers against human trafficking.
Friendship Group is expected to travel to the Philippines when the current pandemic restrictions would have been lifted.
ADVISORY: In-Person Consular Services at the Embassy for Passport Application or Renewal Only
- Hits: 335
In compliance with provincial and municipal directives to prevent community transmission of the COVID-19 virus, effective Monday, 18 January 2021, the Embassy will be limiting in-person consular applicants only to those applying for, or renewing, their Philippine passports. This will be implemented using the current appointment system.
Those who have already booked non-passport consular services before 18 January will still be served based on their appointments.
The following are the procedures by which the Embassy will process non-passport consular services:
- Legalization of Documents – Applicants from the Ottawa area will need to submit beforehand the following by mail to the Embassy:
- The document/s for legalization;
- Photocopies of their valid passport or other government-issued photo ID with signature;
- A note providing their complete contact details, especially their phone or cellphone number; and
- Payment of C$ 36.25 per document, in postal money order or bank draft payable to the PHILIPPINE EMBASSY.
Once their documents are processed, the Embassy will contact them to arrange for them to pick up their documents personally. They will then be asked to sign the documents in front of a consular official.
Applicants from outside the Ottawa area may follow the standard procedure for legalization of documents by mail. The steps may be found here: https://ottawape.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/2016-04-12-08-36-34/2016-04-13-03-10-46/legalization-of-documents
- Dual Citizenship – Applicants must submit their applications, payment, and complete set of the photocopies (not the originals) of the documentary requirements to the Embassy by mail or courier. Once their dual citizenship application is successfully processed, the Embassy will contact them to arrange a date for their oath-taking in Ottawa. For those unable to come to Ottawa, you may wish to wait for the next outreach in your area as soon as the circumstances allow for consular outreach missions.
- Civil Registration – Applicants must submit their applications, payment, complete set of documentary requirements and corresponding photocopies, and prepaid self-addressed courier envelope to the Embassy by mail or courier. Once their civil registration application is successfully processed, the Embassy will return their original documents and provide them with their copy of the processed registration document using the envelope that they provide.
Thank you for your understanding.
Ambassador Robles and Knights of Rizal - Gatineau Chapter Commemorate the 124th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of Dr. Jose Rizal
- Hits: 54
Ambassador Rodolfo Robles commemorated on 29 December 2020 the 124th anniversary of the martyrdom of Philippine National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal by laying flowers on his bust at the Sentro Rizal Ottawa located at the Chancery of the Philippine Embassy. Amb. Robles was assisted by members of the Knights of Rizal, Gatineau Chapter, led by Sir Jeffrey Salik , KOR.
NEWS FROM THE EMBASSY
TRADE AND INVESTMENT