Filipino permanent residents abroad are exempted from paying travel tax when they enter and leave the Philippines in less than a year. However, the exemption will only be granted if the Filipino permanent resident presents a Travel Tax Exemption Certificate to the concerned authorities.
The Philippine Embassy does not issue travel tax exemption certificates. Travel tax exemption certificates may be secured in the Philippines from the following offices:
- Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA) Main Office located at DOT Building, Agrifina Circle, Rizal Park, Manila (with tel. no. 521-7141; 523-5697; 523-2903)
- PTA Travel Tax Counter at the Departure Lobby of NAIA 1, 2, and 3 (apply before checking in)
- PTA Travel Tax Provincial Offices (please check the office nearest you on PTA's website www.philtourism.gov.ph/ttax.html)
Requirements for travel tax exemption:
- Current passport
- Proof of Permanent Residence, e.g. residency permit issued by the Government of Canada
- Roundtrip airline ticket
Processing fee: PhP 200.00
Filipinos who are not yet permanent residents of Canada may avail themselves of the travel tax exemption privilege under the Balikbayan program provided they have been living continuously in Canada for at least one year.
In addition, Filipinos working in Canada may also avail of the travel tax exemption privilege provided they present the additional documentary requirements:
- If hired through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration, a valid Overseas Employment Certificate issued by POEA
- If directly hired abroad, a Certificate of Employment issued by the Philippine Embassy or an employment contract legalized or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.
For further information on travel tax rates or travel tax exemptions please contact: