Consular Officers of the Philippine Embassy are authorized to solemnize marriages between two Filipino citizens, a male and a female, within the Embassy premises.
1. Accomplished marriage license application form
2. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage for the two (2) contracting parties.
3. Registration of marriage.
4. Service fee of CAD 81.00, plus corresponding fees for items 2 and 3 above
- The application for marriage license will be publicly posted at the Embassy for ten (10) consecutive days before the marriage license is issued. The marriage license is valid for 120 days from the date of issuance.
- If one of the contracting parties is 25 years old or younger, the marriage license will be issued after three (3) months from the completion of the ten (10) days public posting of the application, unless the parties obtain a certificate from a marriage counselor in the Philippines and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
- If no objections are received during these stipulated periods, the solemnization of marriage shall be performed by the Consul General or Consul of the Embassy by appointment. Contracting parties and their guests are advised to wear semi- or formal attire.