From 1 August 2013, Canadian passport holders visiting the Philippines for business or for pleasure may be permitted to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days provided:
- they have onward or return bookings; and,
- their passports are valid for at least six (6) months beyond their intended length of stay in the Philippines
For all other nationalities, please contact the Embassy at the numbers listed below.
Requirements for Temporary Visitor's Visa
- One (1) copy of of FA Form 2 (Visa Application Form)
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines
- Declaration of financial means in the application form to assure the maintenance of bona fide tourist status during the intended stay in the Philippines
- Photocopy of airline ticket or flight booking
- One (1) photograph taken in the last six (6) months
- For businessmen, a letter from the sponsoring firm in the Philippines or in Canada stating the purpose of visit
- Other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer
The length of stay for holders of temporary visitor's visa (9-a) is 59 days. Those whose stay in the Philippines will exceed 59 days must secure an extension of stay from the Bureau of Immigration and pay the required fees.
Unaccompanied Alien Minor Passengers Traveling to the Philippines
Non-Filipino travelers below fifteen (15) years old are not permitted entry unless accompanied by parent(s), legally appointed guardian or joining parent(s) in the Philippines. It is permissible, however, for unaccompanied foreign minors to travel to the Philippines provided they submit to the Immigration Office at the port of entry the following documents:
- Copy of the birth certificate of the child;
- Copy of affidavit of support from a relative/person in the Philippines with whom said minor will be staying;
- Copy of the child's passport;
- Copy of the passport of the accompanying adult or guardian;
- Copy of itinerary of travel or airline tickets of the minor and the accompanying adult or guardian; and
- Service fees
o C$40.50 for the visa and C$33.75 for the affidavit of consent and guarantee to be paid to the Embassy
o Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) fee of PHP 3,500.00 to be paid to Philippine Immigration authorities upon arrival of the minor in the Philippines
Waiver of Exclusion Ground for Non-Fiipino Unaccompanied Minors (below 15-years old)
The Bureau of Immigration issued its BI Memorandum Order No. RPL-10-013 dated 11 November 2010 on Waiver of Exclusion Ground for Certain Minors.
Under Philippine Immigration Law, minors who are under 15-years of age and who is travelling unaccompanied by either parent are generally excluded from entering Philippine ports. With this new regulations however, it may be permitted.
For more information, please read the attached file.
Waiver of Exclusion Ground for Minors (PDF)
Waiver of Exclusion Ground for Minors Form (MSWord)
VISA APPLICATION BY MAIL
If the applicant is unable to personally appear before a Consular Officer, the visa application (FA Form No. 2) must be duly notarized and submitted with the other requirements. A pre-paid courier envelope (Xpresspost) must be enclosed to ensure the safe return of the applicant's passport and other documents. The application and supporting documents should be mailed to:
Embassy of the Philippines
30 Murray Street, Ottawa
Ontario K1N 5M4
Attention: Consular Section
Visa Fees in CAD
Temporary Visitors 9(a): Non-Restricted
Temporary Visitors 9(b): Restricted
Payment must be by postal money order made to the Philippine Embassy. Personal checks will not be honored.